JOT INTERNATIONAL (hereinafter called “JOT”) will handle your personal information with the utmost care in order to respect the privacy of our users and to protect their personal information. Here, we would like to explain how JOT handles our customer information.
1. JOT’s Personal Information Protection Policy
- JOT complies with applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to personal information protection. JOT’s relevant internal rules keep all personnel informed about these matters, and JOT handles our customer personal information appropriately.
- 2.Acquisition and use of personal information
- JOT will request our customers to provide us with their personal information when the customer uses JOT’s services. In this case, JOT, in principle, will first obtain consent from the customer and then acquire the customer’s personal information from the customer directly. When acquiring personal information, JOT specifies, informs, or has publicized the purposes of use, and handles the personal information of our customers in accordance with those purposes of use.
- 3.Appropriate administration of personal information
- JOT has developed and continues to review its internal rules and relevant guidelines in order to prevent data leakage, loss, falsification, etc. of the personal information of our customers, takes necessary countermeasures, and implements the appropriate administrative actions.
- 4.Customer consultation window
- At our customer’s request, JOT permits the disclosure, correction, elimination, or cessation of use of personal information in our custody, and will respond in good faith to your requests.
2. Purposes for acquiring or using personal information
JOT may ask customers to submit their personal information in order to provide them with services, including reservations of accommodations, dining, and other activities. For smoother operations, some operations may be outsourced and the personal information of our customers may be provided to contractors to the extent necessary. In this case, JOT enters into a contract with the outsourcing company regarding the handling of personal information and its appropriate administration. JOT uses the personal information that is submitted by our customers for the following purposes:
- 1.When JOT needs to contact a customer in order to confirm a reservation or other matters.
- 2.When JOT conducts an analysis in order to improve our services and products.
- 3.When JOT informs customers of new services, new products, the opening or closing of restaurants, etc.
- 4.When JOT responds to inquiries, etc. from customers.
- 5.When JOT separately indicates the purpose of use.
3. Disclosure or offer of personal information to third parties
JOT will neither disclose nor offer the personal information of our customers to third parties, unless submitting the personal information to our outsourcing company as stated in Item 2. Purposes for acquiring or using personal information, or, in the following cases:
- 1.When the customer permits;
- 2.When the personal information is accumulated as statistical data of JOT’s services and disclosed or offered in the condition that individual customers cannot be identified; or
- 3.When the personal information is disclosed or offered in accordance with legal requirements (including personal information protection laws) and relevant guidelines.